Saturday, March 17, 2012

Walk Tall

Let's talk about the real world. People work all day at their job then have to go home and take care of kids or do laundry or housework. So it honestly may be hard to fit in a workout...or so it may seem.  I actually just got back from a nice relaxing walk around my city.  I worked all day and then worked around the house some but I knew that even with a busy schedule, I needed to do something besides "exercising" indoors. Taking just a short amount of time out of your day to simply go on a walk can reduce high blood pressure and stress levels. It is also a simple way to keep you active. But remember on a rainy day, it is okay to stay inside and do housework.  Simple household chores can be counted as light physical activity. It is sure better for you than sitting in front of your computer screen or television. 

Go take a walk with someone. Get to see your city or town. And lastly, enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment