Monday, March 12, 2012

No gym?

Today was just not one of those days that I wanted to head over to the gym to get a workout in, but I did NOT let that stop me.  Instead I downloaded an application on iPod touch from Nike.  It was a quick 30 minute workout I could do without even leaving me room. So if you are one of those people that does not feel comfortable going over to the gym and working out around a lot of people you are in luck!! Nike Training Club will help you out, just like it helps me out on lazy days.
My workout included:
walking lunges (2 minutes)
light in place jog (2 min.)
rest (1 min.)
plank (45 sec.)
sumo squat with press (30 sec.)
side plank (45 sec.)
repeat with opposite side
plank row (45 sec.)
russian twists (1 min.)
rest (1 min.)
repeat whole process 2 more times

Now this is not exactly how Nike has this workout.  I increased the time on a few of the exercises. That's what makes doing workouts like this great. You can do this all at  your own pace. So you get out there and get active!!

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can." Coach John Wooden

2 comments:

  1. Workouts like this are great for when the weather is uncooperative! I feel like I can always find an excuse not to do my workout outside. :) I like to do a workout like this (only not three reps of it) before I go to bed. I always feel better falling into bed after getting my heart rate up a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you! Working out is a great stress reliever which can always help you fall asleep better.

    ReplyDelete